I thought we only had 2 options this morning as we were discussing what we would be doing today:
1. Go to church with Dan and Lena (The Mennonite couple we are staying in the guest house of)
2. Go see the statue of Liberty/ Twin Towers Memorial/ plus this mama could get in a little shopping downtown Manhattan - We are only a couple of hours away from the Big Apple and I try not to make a habit of 'avoiding' the big cities.
After much discussion and my persuasion of going to New York falling flat on it's face before 3 sets of boy eyes my day summed up like this-
I spent a bigger part of today roaming the aisle of the Largest Cabelas in the United States- They boast about the large 'life like' animal displays (Did you know that the owner of Cabela's, whom I cannot remember his name......shot a large Elephant somewhere in the world...maybe Zimbabwe..., had it stuffed, and it is on display in this Pennsylvania store........how could that be fun to hunt an elephant- it's not like they could run fast or hide inconspicuously). They also boast about the stuffed animals being posed in life like re-inacting scenes of the hunt.....They have the alligator teaming up with his buddy to get the antelope (deer, moose, whatever the poor creature was) at both ends- one at it's head and one at it's hinny while all the stuffed zebra look on (for pete's sake girls turn your back side around and use those kicking feet to defend the underdog.......one swift kick delivered out of each of you would give those alligators a good lesson not to bully that poor antelope).
As a self defined (among other things) true shopper, I could not let the day go to waste......After looking at all those stuffed animals and a having a slight grossed out feeling (same gross out as cauliflower vs. planters warts) I headed into the clothes section.....the guy's section had the perfect graduation gifts for a couple nephews and their camping section had a Camel Back sippy cup I've been meaning to get Elle's-
All in all a great day!!
| The cowardly Zebra |
No comments:
Post a Comment