God
My Family
Food ties with my Friends (I love you my friends BUT I really love my food too....... :) :) One of the best ways to spend time with my friends is hanging out eating with them!
My friend Holly, who lives in Maui, once planned a vacation to her neighbor island Honolulu JUST FOR THE FOOD...she had mapped out every good restaurant or bakery and had a plan to hit up each one- I then got her list of 'good food places' and made a trip over to Honolulu myself (I was living on Kauai)- I did get a bit distracted by the Ala Moana Mall but was still able to get some of that great food! (She also taught me that when it comes to food 'Butter makes it better'...so so so true Holly B.......Butta' indeed makes it better)
My sister in law and I once made Matt drive 3 hours out of our way so that we could buy an eclair..It was worth every second in the car (and the 3 hour drive back)
This past spring we took a trip back East- While my words were speaking out 'Our boys will get to see Washington D.C.- my what an educational experience that will be' my heart was shouting 'I'm really going back because I think the Amish families are outstanding cooks and I was to eat up as much of their food as I can'- It was no surprise to me when I came home, stepped on the scale and had gained 5 pounds.....BRING IT BABY!!!
The list could go on but I will spare you the stories......at least in this post- I am sure they will all come out sometime on this blog :)
Last night my boys were swimming with my mom, Matt was working the night shift, and Ellie had gone to bed early- I was sitting on my couch pondering what to do.....DUH.......cook something YUMMY-
I made Matt's family's cinnamon rolls recipe and topped them with butter/orange frosting- O.MY.GOODNESS.......YES PLEASE!
For those that share my love of food this recipe is for you......
In your bread maker on the 'dough' setting combine:
1.5 C warm water
3 TBS Butter
1 egg
1 tsp salt (I usually do 1.5 tsp salt)
1 TBS Sugar
3.5 Cups Flour
I put it in the bread maker in the order I wrote it out- I then add 1 packet of active dry yeast to the top of the flour- I made a bit of a well in the center of the flour (I think it's about 2 tsp of yeast)
When dough cycle is complete take dough out and roll out into large rectangle-
Melt 1/2 C butter and spread over the rolled out dough (the butter will seem thick- while it is cooking and when the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven they will be floating in the butter- the butter is quickly absorbed into the cinnamon roll and when it mixes with the brown sugar mixture makes a bit of a caramel type bottom)
sprinkle brown sugar and powdered sugar mixed generously over butter
sprinkle cinnamon over that
roll up and slice into 1.5 inch sections
Place in 9x13 GREASED dish
I do not let mine rise but if you choose this option set in a warm place and let rise about 1/2 hr.
Bake 350 for about 30 minutes
While cinnamon rolls are still warm (but not super hot) frost with:
this is more about look then exact measurements-
about 3 C. powdered sugar
about 5 TBS. melted butter
about 3 TBS. frozen orange juice concentrate
Mix with an electric mixer until desired consistency
Hope you had a great Tues.
Steph
p.s. Jessica thank you for coming over and enjoying these with me!
p.s.s. Meagan E. this post is passionately dedicated to your 'Meatless Mon.' :)
No comments:
Post a Comment