Saturday, August 25, 2012

Welcoming McKenzie......(She's 34 feet and 10,000 lbs.!!)

It's been a year in the talking......do we get a travel trailer or a boat?  We've gone back and forth- Me saying boat and the boys saying travel trailer- Matt has stayed neutral in the whole discussion........that is his way of saying he was fine with either-
I knew what a travel trailer would mean......... CAMPING.......
My boys LOVE to camp/hunt/fish/anything outdoorsy
Matt really likes all the above too-
My friend Deb once gave me a key chain that pretty much sums up my feelings- It read:
I love NOT camping.........

What to do.........hummmm..........
I knew I was out voted (as far as getting a boat) so I started doing research on RV'S- What would be a compromise- Camping for my boys but doing it with the comforts of home.........
 
When the link for this particular 5th Wheel came up I grabbed Matt and went to go see-
He thought it was over the top and would be a pain in the neck to haul around (It's 34 feet long and weighs 10,000 lbs.) but was courteous enough to give me that 'what do you think' look mid way through the showing- double thumbs up babe!! Matt couldn't have cared less if we got it or not- his practical nature was not relishing in the beauty I saw- I could see his brain working the longer we looked at it- The only way he was going to drive away with it was if it could make some sort of sense in his mind-
One of Matt's strengths is his financial business sense..........Matt offered the repo gentleman a ridiculously low price- (it was a bank repo that had sat in the repo gentleman's back lot for so long that the impound fees were close to equal to what the RV was worth- to settle the impound fees the bank signed the RV over to repo gentleman). 

Welcome to the family 1999 McKenzie Monoco- This mamma is happy to have you :)

Below are pictures I copied and pasted from the ad-






No comments: