Elle's usually plays on the kitchen floor while I am cooking- For the past few weeks she has tried to mimic certain things I do in the kitchen (put on an apron, mop, stir in an empty bowl that she will get out herself). Last Sat. night Ryan was making Apple pie (thank you for the apples Becky) and I was making Buttermilk Biscuits (they are really good if your looking for a recipe)-
Ellie got out an apron just after I started and stood at my feet holding my leg- she wanted up to see what I was doing.......
As she watched I started wondering if she was old enough...........
We 'put on' her apron of choice (one my friend Val made for me)
Got a chair from our dining room table
She stood on that chair on the very tips of her little toes so she could reach the bowl filled with biscuit mix
I gave her a tea spoon at first and showed her how to stir
She would stir for a bit and then try to eat some of the flour mixture
Realizing that she was catching on fast I switched out her tea spoon for a big girl spatula :)
She loved it
Such precious memories
No comments:
Post a Comment