Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just a glimpse to be Thankful

As my boys have gotten older the glimpses of what life will be like very soon seem to come my way more and more often- The moments when we are all together, even in one room, seem to be coming farther and farther between........No longer does mama call all the shots for her kiddo's but instead work (for my boys) and everyday commitments seem to get their say too. 
I hold those moments that the 5 of us are together, all doing the same thing, closer to my heart.  I tuck the mental images away and even go as far as to take out my camera so that the image can live outside my head

Thanksgiving morning, it was just the 5 of us at home, getting ready to head to Matt's family's house for our Thanksgiving meal.   Ellie was up from her nap, Ryan and Matt had finished peeling the 20 pounds of potatoes, Eli had made his way into the living room by this point and I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen. 

I don't know who got down on the floor first- I am guessing that Elle's dragged Hee Haw her horse over by her daddy and got on......her daddy probably got off the couch and down on the floor by her first, encouraging her as she rocked back and forth- Her brothers probably followed suit........hearing the laughs I walked into the living room and stood by- Watching, letting my heart absorb the scene- Feeling the beautifulness of  my family.....

Thank you Heavenly Father for my family.  Please forgive me for the times I forget to appreciate and instead grumble.






.

No comments: