Here's the scoop- I'm laying on my couch with the flu for the 4th day (started Sun. at church.....I was feeling a weird heaviness in my chest during 2nd service and was getting dizzy and starting to cough..I leaned over to Matt and told him I was getting sick and wa-la here we are 4 days later still sick). That's not what I am blogging about though- I'm trying to get my mind off the flu so thought I would post just random things I have been thinking about during this awful time confined..........So here goes 3 random flu induced thoughts :)
- In 2010 I was flying from Kauai to Portland- At the time, Hawaiian Airlines did not fly direct but would stop in Honolulu- When Taking off out of Honolulu, my seat was on the right side of the plane (if you were standing in the back of the plane looking toward the cockpit) toward the back. Just after take-off our plane veered pretty strongly to the right and I found myself staring into the water- we were still fairly low and not too far off of shore (far enough that one could not swim to where we were but not so far that you could not see shore).......when I first glanced into the water I could not believe my eyes (I was traveling by myself and wishing one of my boys were with me so they could have seen what I saw)- A huge shark was swimming through the water........When our plane started leveling out and making it's way away from the area the shark was in I pressed my head against the window to get one last glance- I know there are sharks all over the ocean but for some reason between the size and the clarity that I could see the shark it stuck in my mind as a moment I knew I would probably never forget......
- Another 'not gonna forget' moment related to Hawaii.........again by myself and was wishing one of my boys were with me so they could have seen what I saw- I had just come up to the top of the drive way and was getting ready to make my way down into the ranch where we lived- At the top of the driveway is a panoramic view of the ocean- The sky looked weird towards the Poipu side of the island and I gave it a second look. As soon as I gave the second look a funnel cloud dropped out of the sky and for a split second I was sure a hurricane was developing- it would have been a wimpy hurricane, not super wide but still a bit intimidating- When I got home I googled what it could be and came up with 'Waterspout'- That is the only one I personally saw but I think they are fairly common on the islands.
- Mary Kay foundation has been a staple in this girls make up bag for over 10 years- Full Coverage Baby! I recently ran out and needed to get something ASAP- I went into a make up store and found the attendant with the best looking foundation- she sold me on Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation- she said she loved it.......I'm agreeing with her- It's Fantastic- does a great job covering but does not mat up or cake
Hope you are all having a great Thurs.
 |
| Water Spout |
No comments:
Post a Comment