I posted this blog post last night, went upstairs to go to bed, and had a check in my heart- I was mulling the check in my heart over and realized it was something to do with this blog post. I came back downstairs and grabbed the computer. After re-reading the post I realized what the check was from.....the line 2 paragraphs down that say's 'not as yuck as the dude that is married to 5 women...' and another paragraph down where I wrote ''but not as yuck as the guy with 5 wives'-
I was calling someone 'yucky'
yucky is for situations like dog poop and vomit....not people.
'For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made' your works are wonderful, I know that full well.' Psalm 139:13-14
The gentleman that has 5 wives is not yucky...The Lord created him (and every human being) wonderfully....Gen 1:27 say's that we are created in God's image.....the lifestyle he (and his wives) have chosen is complicated- like 5 times more complicated than any of our lives who just have 1 spouse. Watching the commercials of their show makes me personally really uncomfortable....I think of my husband going to another woman's bedroom at night and it would break my heart- That's just not how God designed us to be....sharing our husbands in that way.
Towards the bottom of the blog post I wrote this:
Even as I copied and pasted the above paragraph I am shaking my head at myself at the pride being oozed...
'Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall' Proverbs 16:18 say's......
Luke 6:37 say's 'Judge not least you be judged.'
The Lord called me on the carpet last night using His word and I am so thankful- In the past, I have been the prideful person throwing judgmental and very mean comments around carelessly. I have experienced what falling off my high horse feels like and it is not an experience I want to repeat.
I have asked the Lord to forgive me and I would ask you to please forgive me for posting such a prideful and mean post- My heart before the Lord and before you guys wants to present only that which is Godly. The Lord has allowed a very unique platform in my life when it comes to blogging and I treasure it. I Love being able to share what He has done in my life and will continue to do in my life...
From my heart to yours...I am sorry.
p.s. I am going to leave the original post below- It serves as such a good reminder to me of they type of person I do not want to be- The type of person the Lord has delivered me from being....judgmental and mean.
Towards the bottom of the blog post I wrote this:
'but not as yuck as the guy with 5 wives- if you watch that show and feel like I am being judgmental....then you are absolutely right- save the reprimand comments cause like drinking close to expired milk and brown eggs, I am non negotiable on this subject'
'Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall' Proverbs 16:18 say's......
Luke 6:37 say's 'Judge not least you be judged.'
The Lord called me on the carpet last night using His word and I am so thankful- In the past, I have been the prideful person throwing judgmental and very mean comments around carelessly. I have experienced what falling off my high horse feels like and it is not an experience I want to repeat.
I have asked the Lord to forgive me and I would ask you to please forgive me for posting such a prideful and mean post- My heart before the Lord and before you guys wants to present only that which is Godly. The Lord has allowed a very unique platform in my life when it comes to blogging and I treasure it. I Love being able to share what He has done in my life and will continue to do in my life...
From my heart to yours...I am sorry.
p.s. I am going to leave the original post below- It serves as such a good reminder to me of they type of person I do not want to be- The type of person the Lord has delivered me from being....judgmental and mean.
This is a blog post about absolutely nothing of substance....just household babble
I'm sitting on the couch watching the show 'Gold Rush' with my boys- on one of the commercial breaks the show 'My five wives' was advertised.........seriously........yuck :(-
Gold Rush is not interesting at all- hard work out in natures wild in the weather elements without shopping malls.....yuck! (not as yuck as the dude that is married to 5 women....isn't that illegal?)
I'm sitting down here, among my boys, watching an uninteresting show so that I can be part of their story- I have learned to pick and choose the stories I am a part of....if I am part of their 'tv' story tonight I will not be asked to be part of their 'hunting' story on Saturday....hunting is so yuck! (but not as yuck as the guy with 5 wives- if you watch that show and feel like I am being judgmental....then you are absolutely right- save the reprimand comments cause like drinking close to expired milk and brown eggs, I am non negotiable on this subject)
Back to Gold Rush- The young kid named Parker is wearing a sweatshirt that say's 'Ugly Kid'- My Eli thought it was so cool he decided to order one- $45 + $7 shipping was his total- The sweatshirts are sold by Ugly Kid Clothing company- Their claim is that 'It ain't easy being ugly'....
Speaking of ugly- my dog Oklie, who is not ugly, had an ugly eye infection. She loves being outside- because of this love we are constantly battling burs in her fur. She got a bur in her eye and it scratched it from the top of her lens to the bottom (the vet had a special light to see the scratch). The scratch became infected- Her eye swelled almost shut and was very red....It also had a greenish discharge.............so super yuck! (but still not as yuck as you know what)
Anywhoo- Gold Rush is over plus it's after 9 (bedtime) so this chic is signing off for tonight-
Hope you all had a great Thursday!
Steph

1 comment:
I love your honest and sincere heart. What a wonderful testimony of God's desire for us all....to love Him more than we love ourselves, to put others first, to walk in His ways, to have a teachable spirit, to bring Him glory in all circumstances and to love one another. Love you Steph!!!
Post a Comment