Thursday, October 30, 2014

enjoying the view

I'm pretty sure Oklie is enjoying the view off of our deck this morning....


When I saw her sitting, watching whatever it is that dog's watch....I couldn't help but capture the moment....
then I thought to myself
'It's been awhile since I have taken any pictures of her'

She's never been one to hide her emotions so our family has seen them all over the years (look out for the mouth twitch- she bites after that!!). First she wouldn't look at me....




Then, like a child when they don't want to do something but their mom is making them, she turned and looked with as much annoyance as I've ever seen in her Shih Tzu's eyes...maybe it was the doggie scarf I was making her wear...or maybe it was that I called her away from her content gazing over the lake.....her determination to enjoy her view


As soon as this picture was snapped, I came back in the house and watched her from the window.....walking right back over to the same place she was before I interrupted her....


Taking time and being determined to enjoy the view.
Thanks for the life lesson Oklie....

Take a minute to stop and enjoy the view around you- whether you are in an office, a hospital, a firehouse, a classroom, or in a house full of children that are needing your attention- when you have a break, find the nearest window (or door) and take the outside in- let your shoulders relax and take a big breath- open your eye's wide and let the sight settle in....God's beautiful creation that He shows so much glory and love through.  He created everything you are looking at just for you and me...He is lavishing us with His love and showing off his amazing handiwork.......Then thank Him for it- Praise Him for it- and if possible, sit back and relax in it!!

Romans 1:20
'For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.'

No comments: