Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Confessions of a Tupperware Tosser

It all sits in a disorganized heap under the counter by my refrigerator- The lids strewn from one end of the cubbard to the other- The base's just tossed in- looking a bit frazzled.......Yesterday I had some free time and decided to tackle the tupperware cubbard......... The farther into organizing it the more I noticed a pattern- I had a TON of lids but not so many bases- By the time I was done I had 12 more lids than containers-
I pondered the reason behind the extra Tupperware lids like I have pondered the reason why we have so many uni-socks that went into the wash duo-socks (they truly do get sucked up by the washing machine- last month my machine flashed a code- I googled the code and found out that this particular code was most commonly caused by socks stuck in the drainage pipe......our drainage pipe was actually clogged with dryer sheets that Ryan had mistakenly put into the washing machine.......but next time we get the code it really could be socks)
Back to the Tupperware Lids...as I was thinking over our lid overage last night it started dawning on me why all the extra:
I have a phobia about expired food- My brother Levi and I share this phobia.  If you ever see us at a potluck kinda standing off together with our heads together in deep discussion we are discussing which food is 'safe' to eat- I won't go into all of the details of how we determine safe- what I will say is that if you are lax about checking your expiration dates or if you have chickens that you get the eggs straight out of the pen and then eat them you are probably on the 'no eat' list........please do not be offended- some of my family is on this list- If it makes you feel any better I have mold in my shower and I hardly ever clean out my refrigerator- yesterday I noticed a dead fly at the bottom of the fridge and I know, even though they would never openly admit it, some of my extended family would consider my house keeping skills less than sanitary :)
When I said above that I rarely clean out my refrigerator (like 6 times a year) and that I have a phobia about expired food I put the combo together and realized where all of my Tupperware bases have gone.........
STRAIGHT INTO THE TRASH CAN!
Yep, by the time I go to clean the food out of the Tupperware- the first thing I do is take off the lid and throw it into my sink- secondly I usually either get a whiff or a visual of what is in the Tupperware and am so grossed out I know that I could never eat anything that touched the piece of Tupperware that the expired food is in again- so I throw the expired food and Tupperware into the trash (forgetting to grab the lid out of my sink).
If anyone needs one of the lids pictured below for a piece of their Tupperware send me a message and I will get it in the mail :)
Hope you are having a great Tues.!


No comments: