Friday, May 20, 2011

Tiny Prints, Zazzle, Party Cat, and Food 4 Less

I Googled Baby Shower invitations just to see what's out there- I used the search engine Yahoo and came across a wealth of different brands, styles, and colors!
Zazzle offers Damask Diva, Black and Pink Chic Damask, and an opportunity to send out 'chic' cards-  You can even order personalized postage stamps, thank you cards, and return address labels that all match your baby shower invitation.
Tiny Prints offers not only BIG IMPRESSIONS but 'Elegant Damask' that has a side note reading 'This product is no longer available for purchase.' (seriously- just remove the picture of the card already)
Party Cat- a company I had never heard of before this search offers Hot Pink and Black Damask Digital Photo Cards.....................
One of the most interesting things I came across was a baby shower invitation with Skull's dubbed 'Skullicious' (I would never have thought to put a skull on a baby shower invitation)
The more I looked at and thought about baby shower invitations it started dawning on me what I was looking for but could not seem to find-  Why I was not falling head over heals in love with any of the hundred invitations (which a lot of them I would consider my style)I looked at:
From the time I can remember my mom has hosted parties- you name it and she's had a party for it- Every party my mom has ever thrown that required invitation's (at least in my memory) the same routine transpires- She goes down to Food 4 Less- goes over to their stationary section which offers 40% off and selects the appropriate occasion invitation- She then excitedly comes home and fills out each and every one with her 'signature' handwriting (I always wished I would have inherited her hand writing- It is so professional and perfect looking) and sends them off to the proper recipient-
If all goes as planned and we get to celebrate little Ellie joining our family with a baby shower- I hope that her invitation is lovingly selected by my mom at Food 4 Less- It might not be the trendy pink and black damask (which is sooooooooooo adorable) with the matching return labels (fabulous idea and I will definitely keep this in mind for the next party I throw) but it will be hand selected by little Ellie's nana- one of her names sake- to be delicately tucked away in her baby book and the story will be told to her someday how her baby shower invitation came about-
I love you mom
Definitely the most unique baby shower invitation I
looked at today :)

No comments: