Monday, April 21, 2014

how cole haan shoes bought fancy nancy

My sis in law Liz bought Ellie a book for her first birthday...........I was so focused on loving the personal signatures on the inside front cover that I never took the time to read the book.  It was tucked away with my books for when Elle's got older.  Over the past couple of months Ellie started going through my books- a few weeks ago she came across the book from her auntie....

Fancy Nancy 'Tea for Two'




At some point during the winter it struck me that I rarely wear high heels anymore- This was bothersome because before we moved to Hawaii I would wear high heels almost everyday....flats- the type that make even long legs look short and stumpy were dominating the bottom of the closet.  On an urge I went to my favorite shoe store Goodwill looking for a pair of 'trainer' high heels.  Super high heels that would only be worn around my house- The goal was to be comfortable walking in heels again before a debut anywhere public.  It was a good shopping day when my bag contained a pair of 4 inch, black, leather Cole Haan wedges...............the little neon sticker on the bottom said $5.99.
They were the perfect trainer because if a 4 inch heel could be mastered you would be good to walk confidently in anything.  Much of the winter, if you stopped by unannounced you would have seen me walking around in them.  If Matt was home when I was wearing them he would always give me the same 'your really weird' look to which I would put my hand up by my eyes (like I was shading my eyes as I looked out into the distance), look down and call out 'Matt! Matt! where are you?'....Matt and I are only 3 inches apart- the heels would make me an inch taller.........he would roll his eyes and I would bust up laughing (usually wobbling away in a stumble fashion trying not to let my heel roll)
A month or so ago, when the confidence of walking in high heels was back, I put the Cole Haan's on e bay and sold them..........for exactly what they were bought for plus shipping ($5.99 + $12.95 shipping)- They would have sold for more EXCEPT on one of those wobbling stumbles the kitchen cabinet met the back of the shoe..........the damage was un-repairable


OUCH!
The Sunday before last my cousin Sally was having a graduation party for her daughter Olea- during the party Liz, my cousin Becca, and I were talking.  As I was telling Liz how much Elle's like the Fancy Nancy book Becca said 'Claire loves all the Fancy Nancy Books' (Claire is Becca's daughter who was born 3 weeks after Ellie)......I didn't even know Fancy Nancy was part of a series!!

Ellie and Claire
 

Becca Liz and I
Since the sale of the heels the money has sat in the pay pal account....collecting dust and being whittled away by random pay pal fees.  When we got home from Olea's party 'Fancy Nancy' was still on my brain......

4 hard back books in the same series as what Ellie has were in our mail box today from an e-bay seller.....all 4 were a total of $17.00 with free shipping!

So that's how it went...how the Cole Haan shoes bought Fancy Nancy books :)



1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm a no-go for heels for the rest of my life, I'm afraid. I rolled my heel in February and broke my right foot. I'm just too clumsy and that was WAY too inconvenient for me to attempt any vanity in the future!