May you be as encouraged as I was after reading- Thank you for sharing Michelle and love you!
For many years Mother’s Day was the hardest day of the year for me. While I watched all of the moms in church stand up to receive a rose, I remained seated, crying inside and begging God to bless us with a child. Years of unanswered prayers left my heart longing for the peace that only God could offer. I recently ran across an old journal entry that read, “Lord, please place your loving hands around my breaking heart.”
The thing about Mother’s Day is this…
Not everyone who prays for children is blessed with them. Not
everyone who carries a child has the opportunity to raise them. Not everyone
who raises a child watches them live a long full life. Some are never able to
conceive. Some conceive and are faced with the reality that they do not have
the resources to care for a child. Some raise a child, only to watch them go to
Heaven far too soon.
Mother’s Day is precious, but Mother’s Day can be tough. It may
remind us of women who are no longer with us or of broken relationships that have
yet to be healed. It may bring reality to our emptiness or even bring to mind
past regret.
I am so blessed by the relationship I have with my Mom, Mother-in-law,
and Grandmas. They poured into my life which helped me become the woman I am
today. However, for me, Mother’s Day has changed. Now I can stand in church to
receive a rose, but I do so in honor of the women who helped me become a
mother. These are the three special women who carried my children in their
womb, but placed them in my arms. God used their love and sacrifice to build my
family. They chose us to raise these miracles and entrusted me to be the Mother
they could not be.
As you reflect on the precious women in your life, give thanks to
God for both the women who have impacted you as well as those He wants you to
pour into. And if you are sitting in
church broken hearted on Mother’s Day, take a look around. There are many women
willing to share a hug and grieve with you over yet to be answered prayers.
Michelle
![]() |
| Jake and Michelle with their children Brady, Josiah, and Jaylee |

No comments:
Post a Comment