It's no secret that during this 'season' of my life, when it comes to my kids- especially the fact that our Eli has done grown up and going to graduate from high school in 6 weeks- I am a bit more emotional....like next to tears when I think about it or look at pictures of my boys when they were little- or pictures as they were growing up- or current pictures....smile....crying....back to smile
As I was standing in front of the mirror, curling iron in hand getting ready for Bible Study this morning I started thinking about the pic from Heidy- How fast time has gone to get both she and I to the place that we would both be watching our firstborn's graduate this Spring.....
The Spring and Summer of 1996 found our Earth carrying a bit more weight than usual- having not edited anything being consumed since the August prior, when I found out I was pregnant, I was dubbed by my husband to be as big as a whale (we would bust up laughing when he would say it and I would turn around backwards and shake my pregnant body so he could see everything jiggling.....we would then bust up laughing again).
Matt's is one of 7 children- Matt's older brother Wayne married his wife Heidy the same year Matt and I were married (94'). During this time, it just so happened that Matt and I were living across the street from Matt's parents Dairy Farm- Wayne and Heidy lived on the Dairy along with Matt and Wayne working on the Farm too.........During this season, Heidy and I, in it's own unique way, had our lives paralleling each other- While our personalities were very different and we did not run necessarily in the same circle of friends, God allowed us to not only live close but to become pregnant around the same time- Both of us would become the new mother's to sons within 3 months of each other............That May in 1996 found my arms holding Eli Benjamin and that August found Heidy's arms holding Jesse Wayne (aka..Chester Cheeto Chi-wa-wa).
A little under 3 years later we followed suite only this time Heidy was leading the way with the birth of my niece Lydia followed by the birth of our Ryan....
Heidy took a giant leap ahead by having Katie a couple years later while Matt and I waited 12 years for our Ellie to join our family- Each of us being blessed with 3
Through out the years it has been very fun seeing the relationship between the cousins- We all live a bit farther apart now with our lives not paralleling nearly as much as they used too BUT this has not stopped the cousins from carrying on....living life with each other as not only cousins but most of them as heart felt friends....
By the time I was done curling my hair this morning I had dried the tears that were trying to spill out my eyes and let my heart absorb the memories of the cousins growing up.....
Amy
Shell Bell
Who were born to Matt's oldest sister Lesa and her husband
Rebecca and her husband Jason (and precious Lexy)
Rachel
Johnny and his wife Devyn
Ben (who gave his auntie a wedgie I will NEVER forget)
Who were born to Matt's oldest brother John and his wife Lori
Jesse
Lydia
Katie
Who were born to....wait, I already said who they were born to above
Gregory and his wife Emmy
Brandon- Bu
Joshy John
Who were born to Matt's sister Judie and her husband Mark
Cory
Cody
Katelyn
Who were born to Matt's sister Christie and her husband Shawn
All of which are a blessing
All of which are a gift from God to this Auntie....
Auntie Steph loves you guys!!
![]() |
| The pic my sis in law Heidy posted on my facebook wall |
![]() |
| I swear...my nephew Greg (center) is not as mean as what he looks in this pic! SMILE GREGORY...For pete's sake!!! |
![]() |
| Love you Amy and Shelly! |











No comments:
Post a Comment