Thursday, April 19, 2012

358 Days Ago We Got The Call-

It was just a little past noon on Tues. April 26, 2011 when the much anticipated call came in.........Our Attorney was calling to ask if we would be interested in seeing the profile of a birth mother who was due in August (It was actually a due date of July but for some reason August was communicated to us).  I was at my cousin Becca's house for lunch with several of my Oregon friends (we were living in Hawaii at the time)- As the call came in I answered it and went upstairs into Becca and Luke's room and sat down on the floor against their bed- As our Attorney was talking I could barely hear her because my heart was beating so hard.......It's hard to not sound 'wacky' when I say this but you'll understand as the story gets farther told- In the minutes that it took for our Attorney to tell me about Heather (Birth Mom) my heartbeat started beating to Ellie's- obviously not 'litterally' but there is a certain feeling us mother's have as soon as we learn we are pregnant- (I believe, for most of us, this is something we experience whether we choose to parent or place- or whether our child is biological or adopted.  For more of an explanation what I mean by this you can look at THIS post).  I could also barely hear our attorney speaking because God, by way of the Holy Spirit,  was shouting into my heart (and yes I mean SHOUTING) 2 things:  'Be Excited........and I own the cattle on a thousand hills (I researched this verse after I felt it laid on my heart to see where it was at in the Bible......Psalm 50:10).  I quickly realized why God was telling me that He owned the cattle on a thousand hills because before hanging up our attorney also said how much this adoption was going to cost us.....I told our Attorney I would talk everything over with Matt and get back to her within a couple of days- As we hung up, I made my way back down the stairs to 6 set's of eye's staring at me........Becca the prayer warrior, Liz-a-beth the encourager, Erika the thoughtful thinker, Michelle the rock and leader, Jodi who's compassion seems to have no end, and Ali who was pregnant again after her daughter Faith went home to be with our Lord just 7 months before. 
When I told them about the call we circled up around Bec's dining room table and prayed.....prayed for wisdom, strength, direction...........God used that phone call from our Attorney- the beating of my heart with Ellie's- and His clear voice ringing in my head to set the direction that day- He set into motion what was spoken before the beginning of time....Thank Goodness we were following His will for our lives because the next 8 months would about break Matt and I......mentally and emotionally-
I took this picture one of the first mornings after arriving in Kauai- A new day.....

No comments: