On my today's calendar was marked the once a year, yearly check up, that us women usually refer to as our annual- The last time I saw my doctor for this appt. was 3 years ago, just before moving to Hawaii- At the time, a new screening had come out that enabled one to go for 3 years between visits if everything 'checked out normal' and if you were between certain ages (I may be wrong but I think she said under 40). It's so weirdly hard for me to compartmentalize that feeling of dread when having to go to the doctor- Having been the queen of anxiety attacks in the past, I used to drag Matt along with me (just in case all the dreded emotion caused an attack) to sit in the waiting room- I would be talking myself out of hyperventaliting while resisting the urge to run like heck out of that waiting room all the while telling Matt just how much I hated being there. Over the past several years, I Have learned different coping methods other than Anxiety Attacks- On a spiritual level I have allowed the Lord to heal me of past hurts......have submitted my life to His authority, Pray on a pretty constant basis for wisdom, peace, and Godly direction etc.....
When my doctor looked over the chart at my history she looked up with a geuine interest and asked how my stress level was- I explained that I was a bit to tired to linger too long being completely stressed out- She asked what healthy habits I had taken up to combat stress..........I started to say all the right answers (exercise, vitamins, etc..) and shut my mouth quickly cause I realized that would be a lie........'Dr. K, I EAT CHOCOLATE!' As she was laughing I kept a straight face to assure her that I was totally serious :)
I take that stress directly to the Lord usually in silent prayer cause my mouth is too full of chocolate to udder one single word out loud-

1 comment:
Haha- I think that is one blog post I can say "Amen" to. :-) Love it.
Post a Comment