Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday, Friendship, and Curling Iron Burns :)

I do not feel like it would be proper to start off this blog without mentioning that it is 'Good Friday'-
Christian Church doors were open tonight with special services all around the world in observance of this Most Holy Holiday-
Thank you so much Dear Lord Jesus for dying on the cross!
OK.......That being said..............
About a month and a half ago my friend Kristi was able to share the Story about her son Nicholas in a blog post- Nicholas was headed down to Stanford Medical Center for his 3rd Heart Surgery-  I shared at the beginning of the post, as I introduced her, that we have been friends for a few years short of a decade- Part of the beginnings of Kristi and my friendship was nurtured as we both helped out in the Junior High Youth Group at our Church- About the same time, helping out in the High School Youth Group, were 2 precious ladies named Deb and Treva- Treva's heart for not only teens but for the Lord is completely contagious..........Deb's solid, dependable, loyal personality is a treat to be around- All of us working in the same ministry mixed with personalities that complimented each other created a sweet friendship. 
I tell you all the above to set the background for the next part of the story.......
When Deb, Treva, and I learned about Nic's surgery we all agreed that we would head down to San Jose a few days post surgery to see Nic and Kristi-
I was going to drag the above paragraph on but a New Deadliest Catch is on that I have never seen so I've gotta be quick about this post :)
While in San Jose, I burned my leg with my curling iron- I was sitting on the floor of the hotel room in front of mirror closet doors curling my hair when my iron slipped out of my hands and landed on my leg.....
WHO BURNS THEIR LEG WITH A CURLING IRON??
WHAT THE HECK??
I've burnt my neck, forehead, and cheek.........but my LEG??
What's worse is I burned it 10 day's ago (Tues. last week) and it's still not healing right- OUCH!
Our trip to San Jose was rewarded with seeing Nicholas recovering great from his heart surgery, seeing Kristi managing his hospital stay and all the behind the scenes of his post surgery needs amazingly, and getting some really fun shopping in (Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, Sephora, Pottery Barn, etc.. YES PLEASE)
Nic was just released from the Hospital and gets to come home tomorrow and I get to go to the doctor to get this burn checked out tomorrow!
P.S. Love you Lots Deb, Kristi, and Tre'ba <3
2012

2006


Blasted Burn!

No comments: