This past Easter Sun. we stopped in for a quick visit at my sister in law's house (Matt's Sis). Matt's cousin married a woman who's mom is named Sue. Sue is one of those ladies who, gets what 'down home cookin' and good food is all about- She's not the scrimp to make it low fat type (WHOOP WHOOP!!- Show me some butter siesta'!)......Nope......She's gonna do what it takes to make the recipe gooooooood (translated means that the recipe I'm about to share is fattening, yummy, and buttery)-
Ok so back to stopping in for a quick visit at the sis in law's house-
Shortly after walking in I saw that her dining room table was FILLED with desserts- As us girls were sitting talking, we decided to grab some dessert....I went for the Kahlua cake and coconut cake that Marlene and Heidy made, as I was doing so, I noticed that I was alone at the dessert table........Hummm.......
When we all sat back down again I heard oohhing and aaahhhing at what the other girls were eating- Being that they were not at the dessert table with me I was trying to figure out what all the oohh's and aahh's could be about............................I guess dessert to them on Easter equals Sue's Cheesy Potatoes :) :)
After sampling the potatoes I immediately asked for the recipe. I made it last night and added about 1.5 lbs of ground beef into the layers (served ketsup on the side)- Ryan finished off the last little bit this morning for breakfast. This recipe will go into my 'keepers'!
Here's to kissing our Cholesterol and fat counting goodbye!
SUE'S CHEESY POTATOES
Recipe makes 1 9x13
5-7 lbs. potato's boiled with skins on- boil potatoes long enough to cook through but not to 'mushy'
1 Large Package of Velveeta Cheese Slices
1/2 lb. Butter (maybe even more)
Salt and Pepper
Optional- 1-2 lbs ground beef (cooked)
Peel and Cut cooked potatoes into diagonal pieces and place in bottom of dish
Salt and pepper potatoes
Place a lot of butter, cut into bite size pieces, over potatoes
Place cheese slices over buttered,salted, and peppered potatos
Add a layer of meat if using this option
REPEAT all of the above until dish is full-
Cover and bake at 350 until heated through (I baked mine for 45 min)
Served with Broccoli and French Bread
![]() |
| This is not a picture of the potatoes I made but needed a pic for the post so used this one- They do look a bit like these ones :) |

1 comment:
Steph, this looks AMAZING!!! Wow, I wish I didn't have to worry about the scale's ever rising number these days!!
Post a Comment