Friday, July 15, 2011

Bringing Precious Bao Gui Home......

As I walked up to a BBQ that my sister had invited me to this past Wed. night (thanks for the invite sis) I already knew that my child hood friend Lisa was going to be there- My sister had mentioned it as we had chatted on the phone about what side dishes we were going to be bringing (she was bringing cream cheese filled peppers and I was bringing cantelope and chips).  The great thing about child hood friends is that you can go with out talking  for years and years yet when you see each other you have an instant connection- 
I had followed Lisa on face book for the past several years and knew by both talking to her and by face book that she and her husband had added to their family of 4 (they have 2 biological children) 2 additional blessings- These blessings came by way of an International adoption from China.  We instantly started talking about their adoption story.........we then talked about Ellie's adoption story........As the conversation continued, I learned that Lisa and her husband Daniel felt a very strong calling to adopt one more precious blessing from China-  A little boy with significant medical needs named Bao Gui (pronounced Bow-Go).  As Lisa started describing the situation surrounding Bao Gui I felt a stirring very deep in my heart- As Lisa talked on, I knew that I was supposed to share her story with all of you.......my blog friends-


May God Bless and keep little Bao Gui as he awaits his placement with his Daniel and Lisa as his forever family.........And may God rise up people who feel led to donate to this amazing cause- Daniel and Lisa are $2,500 short of bringing Bao Gui home- If, after reading their story you would like to donate ANY amount ($10.00 is not to small)- feel free to contact Lisa directly or their adoption agency- I will put both contact information at the bottom of this blog post.
BELOW IS BAO GUI'S STORY AS TOLD BY LISA:

Bao Gui

I guess it’s really BaoGui’s story and it began long before our family knew of his need, before our hearts were touched by his sweet smile and before we knew we were called to bring him home. He was abandoned shortly after birth, most likely due to medical needs that his birth parents were unable to provide for. After being taken into the orphanage he was placed in a group foster home for children with severe medical needs. Under the care of Morning Star Foundation, BaoGui’s basic needs have been met; but his greatest need remains unmet. He needs a family, a family who will love him and advocate for him. A family that will love him just the way his body was created, but also fight to bring healing to his little body where possible. He is awaiting surgery to reverse the colostomy that he has had since infancy and is also most likely deaf, though we do not have any medical details pertaining to his failed hearing tests.  
Our love for the children of China has grown deeper and deeper as our family has grown. Having adopted two of our children from China (both through waiting children / special needs programs) we know the difference that a family can make in the life of a child who has only known uncertainty and loss. We want to make that difference in BaoGui’s life, but the financial obligations that come with an adoption have kept us from being able to move forward with the next step. We have been approved by China to adopt BaoGui, but we need to complete our dossier in order to apply for his visa and bring him home. Right now we need to raise $2,500 to complete our home study through Holt International. We are praying for families to come alongside ours to make this possible. Each adoption is a miracle and a tangible expression of love. More than mere words, it says, “You are loved. You are special. You are worth more than any earthly treasure.”
BaoGui’s name translates “Precious Treasure.”
Our family has been forever blessed by adoption; I pray that many more families would also be blessed as they join us and become a part of BaoGui’s story.

“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not
destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matthew 6:20-21

You can contact Lisa directly at: dlronda@charter.net  

If you would like to make a donation by way of pay pal you can find her pay pal account by way of her e-mail.

If you would like to contact their adoption agency to make a, what I believe is tax deductible, donation you can call:  Holt International- 541-687-2200

Like I said- No donation is to small! Let's bring this little guy home......... Please feel free to pass this blog post on to anyone who you think may be interested.

Have a great weekend,

Steph






No comments: