Friday, July 22, 2011

We've Been A Family Of 5 For 5 Weeks

O.K...................... So We have been a family of 5 for 5 weeks tomorrow-
I had a moment of quiet cause Ellie decided to drink twice as much formula for dinner tonight than she normally does and is completely zonked out.  I might regret the decision that I allowed her to go to sleep at 7 tonight instead of keeping her up until about 10 (we normally keep her up from 7-10 pm every night so that she will sleep a decent amount at night- her day's and night's were confused the first couple of weeks we brought her home).
Back to my first sentence- WE ARE A FAMILY OF 5!!!
The past 5 weeks has been a huge life change (obviously)- We are navigating through bridging 2 vastly different age groups (Ellie a newborn and Eli and Ryan tween/teen)- For instance, if we are to do something as a complete family- floating down the river would not be the choice anymore- It would look more like going to the river- the boys will swim and I will sit on the shore (in a very shady spot) and watch........Still totally great to do- just different-  Lot's of thinking through for Matt and I on how to create our new 'normal'-

I was eating breakfast this morning and heard Ellie start fussing- She was just waking up and still in her bassinet in my room......I never even said a word to either of my boys- I saw Ryan jump up and and say 'Miss Marie is crying!' (They both call her 'Miss Marie)- He went and got her, laid her on his chest and she slept for a good half an hour more cuddled against her big brother-

What a blessing to be able to say that we are finding and creating our new 'normal'
Eli Ben, Ryan Chase, and Ellie Marie.......You bless the socks off of daddy and I!

This picture is totally unrelated to my blog post- I just found it and thought it was adorable-
I am guessing it is about 7 years old-
From left to right is our nephew Jess, Ryan, and Eli
I think Ellie is trying to tell us to 'Talk to the Hand' :)

No comments: