As Becca's mom (Robin- Becca's mom is standing to the right of this picture in the black shirt) was praying on Sat. at Bec's baby shower, I opened my eye's toward the end of the prayer to check on Ellie- I happened to glance up, and this is what I saw...a scene that brought tears to my eye's-
My sis-in-law Liz (who is lovingly nick named 'precious liz-a-beth') with her ever loving hand on Becca's leg-
If I could have read Liz's mind at that moment I know that she was pouring forth an enormous amount of Love and support- Among other things, she was confirming to Becca that she (Liz) would be faithfully praying for little Claire (Bec's new baby girl) and Bec-
I think that this moment was extra tender to my heart, not only because I love these 2 women like sisters, but because I am going through a season in life where I feel like the Lord is really teaching me about being a good friend- during this season of learning I have been doing the Bible Study 'David' by Beth Moore- In it she talks about the friendship between Jonathan and David (found in 1 Samuel)- I have written, in the margin of 1 Samuel 18 in my Bible, "Lord please let me be a friend like Jonathan............"
That is the prayer of my heart- It is neat to see physical examples (like the pictures on my today's post) of beautiful Godly friendships-
1 comment:
Sis,
I looked up during the prayer and saw Liz's hand on Bec's leg and thought the same thing. A precious, loyal friendship those two have. A beautiful moment.
Post a Comment