I have consistently read 3 magazines, front to back, for years: Home Life, Taste of Home (Thank you mom so much for the subscription every Christmas), and Real Simple- I bought Real Simple at the airport last week as a distraction from feeling sick- A couple of nights ago I could not sleep so I grabbed it and started reading- Pg. 93 reads:
"Road Test Mascaras- Real Simple staffers tried out more than 100 of the latest and greatest lash enhancers. These nine did the trick."
I talked about Mascara in THIS blog post (just ran out of 'Falsie' mascara) and am ready to try something new again- Falsie worked out great (Thanks Victoria for the recommendation)- I was toooo impatient to 'season' the Falsie brush (I like to have a rough, caked with mascara brush immediately and do not want to start fresh with a clean brush that you have to put on a zillion coats of mascara to make it look like you are wearing it- I would dip my 'seasoned' Mary Kay brush into the Falsie Mascara- Yes I know I did not get the full Falsie affect BUT my impatience got the better of me)
Back to Real Simple and their Mascara experiment- Here is what they said (I am getting ready to order Diorshow from e-bay because it is $4. cheaper than from dior.com)........................
-BEST LENGTHENER: Sephora Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara- $15., sephora.com
-BEST VOLUMIZER: Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara $9., at drugstores
-BEST WAND: Benefit They're Real! $22., benefitcosmetics.com
-BEST CURLING: Diorshow Mascara $24.50 dior.com- you should see the brush- it looks amazing!
-BEST TINT: Hourglass Film Noir Lash Lacquer $28., sephora.com
-BEST FALL COLOR: Le Metier de Beaute' Anamorphic Lash in Aubergine $34., nordstrom.com
-LONGEST WEARING: Cle' de Peau Beauty the Mascara $50., saks.com (I would love to try this)
-MOST INNOVATIVE: Ojon Restroative Lash Treatment and Mascara $21., qvc.com
-BEST ALL-NATURAL: Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara $19., sephora.com
Hope your Sun. is FANTASTIC :)

No comments:
Post a Comment