It's 4 p.m. on a Fri. afternoon and I am laying on my couch typing out this blog post instead of cleaning up my house :)
It has been such a fun week- I had to share just a bit!
Not sure if you have ever heard of it, but our church hosted Vacation Bible School- Our church's VBS consisted of a jammed packed week- 3 hour mornings playing games, learing about Jesus, and great snacks for close to 200 children ages 4- 4th grade!!
I, along with several other ladies were in charge of registration- Our job was to make sure that all the children's parents had filled out the appropriate registration forms, make sure each child received a name tag that was attached to a lanyard, and have the craft of the day set out on tables waiting for their parents to pick up and take home with them..............
Our church's VBS theme this year was 'Go Fish Guys' (Back Stage with the Bible)- Way catchy music and the simple reaccuring theme seemed to be that we are Saved By Grace..
Trying to wrack my brain for a favorite moment.......let's see here.........one would be peeking into the Sanctuary where all the children would meet both at the beginning and end of the day as one big group and sing fun songs- Seeing most all of the children AND leaders (most of which were teens)with their hands in the air doing the motions to the songs was an ADORABLE site........another favorite was hearing that not only were children able to hear the message of salvation but several accepted Christ as their personal Savior........AMEN!
I really should get get up off my couch and put in a load of laundry :) Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!
Steph
P.S. I posted this link on my facebook page but also wanted to share it on this blog post- Several years ago, my friend Treva told me about a 'daily devotional' called 'Proverbs 31 Ministries'- After she talked so highly about it I checked it out and started suscribinng so that the devotion would come to my e-mail inbox everyday- Yesterdays, in my opinion, is a must read- It's titled What Our Pastors Wished We Knew..... I don't say this lightly (nor does my pastor read my blog so no brownie points for me) but God has called the leaders of our church to an incredible calling of 'Sheparding'- It's easy for me to get into the mindset that they are 'paid' to "do what they do" so what's the big deal.....right?? The above devotional really drove home for me that our pastor's and leaders of our church need our love and support more than ever- SUCH A GOOD REMINDER-

No comments:
Post a Comment