Back to late night e-bay shopping while bored and feeling frumpy (felt the need to buy something with some color and a bit over the top bold to help pull me out of 'frumpy state')....
I saw a knock off of the J. Crew Necklace on e-bay for $15. plus free shipping
A MUST ORDER!
When I received the 'pull me out of fashion frump' necklace I was not impressed- I have broad shoulders (I didn't need to marry a man taller than me I needed to find a man that was broader than me......hee) and the glob of turquoise accented my broad shoulders to the max
It hung from my bathroom light dangling down into one of the mirrors in my bathroom for the greater part of the summer. I told Matt I could not bring myself to throw it away- I felt the need to wear it just once so my fashion frump purchase would not turn frivolous-
The wardrobe of choice for our family reunion this summer was white with denim. My sis in law Erika had seen pictures done with this look and gave it high recommendations-
As I was headed out the door for the reunion I saw that necklace still hanging from my mirror- On impulse I decided to alter it-
I first removed the 'dangling' part of the necklace- attached the cut off dangling beads to a pair of earing holders (took a pair of earings I no longer wore off of their holders and used them) and
WAAAA LAAA!
Frugal (knock off) J. Crew!!
![]() |
| The Original Necklace |
| What it looked like Altered |

No comments:
Post a Comment