Friday, April 12, 2013

22 Months........

22 Months........Almost 2.........

I was reading about what to expect from your 2 year old.........'2 years olds are famous for their over-the-top expressions of love as well as anger and frustration'...............OH BOY!

I was also reading about mile stones that we will be approaching this year........
  • Potty Training (look forward to a picture of Ellie sitting on her potty on this blog!)
  • Her brain will start putting things into categories (dogs and cats will be animals- pants and sweaters will be clothes, etc..)
  • She will begin to understand abstract concepts like 'now' vs. 'later'
For now this is what we've got going on:

Some new words this past month are:
  • 'She pooped' (this is how she lets me know that she has pooped- I was perplexed when she first started saying 'She' and not 'I' before saying pooped.  Realized that is how she hears Matt and I refer to each other when she has pooped)
  • 'Outside'
  • 'Corn Bread' (and she LOVES her some corn bread!)
  • 'Ellie' (sounds more like I-E)
  • 'Josh & Shad' 2 of her cousins names

Capri Sun drinks and 'bug juice' are special treats (we try to keep the Capri Sun to a minimum because it gives her diaper rash).  A Bean Burrito w/o onion but add sour cream (from a local Mexican Restaurant that I 'drive thru' a couple times a week- Can't beat that $1.69 burrito!!) is her current favorite food......

It has been an interesting several months watching Elle's interact with other kids her own age- She started pulling hair and scratching but when realizing that those sorts of behaviors were not going to accomplish anything positive she has started more parallel playing (playing in the same area as another child but not directly with the child). 

Physically Ellie is growing (but still petite):
  • Size 4/5 shoes
  • 12-18 month clothes
  • 20.7 lbs (lost a bit of weight with the stomach flu this month)
April of 2011 is when we 'met' (by way of phone) our birth mother Heather- Ellie's name was chosen by both Heather and I this month 2 years ago (Ellie Marie......Ellie after my mom and Marie after Heather- Her middle name)........Such special memories to 'remember'!

Love this picture..........Kate hugging Ellie

No comments: