Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ellie's Kate....

July 21, 2017
I wrote this post in August of 2013 when Ellie and Kate were 2 years old.  Today is precious Kate's 6th Birthday (Happy Birthday, Kate!).  4 years after this post was written and 6 years after the girls were born, Ellie and I still pray every night for Kate, Claire, Jaylee, Jayme, Grayson, Linnea', Toby, and Jon.


August 7, 2013 
Every night when we put Ellie to bed we pray the same prayer- The prayer started back in August of 2011 when Elle's was just two months old....

One afternoon, a few weeks after Ellie was born, my sis and I were talking on the phone and I asked her what she was up to

'We're going to a bbq at some people from our church's house- you can come if you want.

After getting to the bbq I asked Jodi who's house we were at- She pointed out an adorable blonde with an even more adorable pregnant belly.  Jodi informed me that Kelly was almost due with her fifth child. 

The summer Ellie was born was a special summer of deliveries- Ellie was born 10 weeks after my friend Val's daughter Jayme, 3 weeks before Ellie's cousin Claire and 6 weeks before her cousin's (twins) Grayson and Linnea.  I knew that Ellie would be growing up with these precious kiddo's- I also knew that she would be growing up with Jaylee, who joined my friend Michelle's family by way of adoption the summer before Ellie was born.

On July 21 (2011) Kelly delivered her daughter Kate.  Shortly after Kate was born she had some routine testing done- It was in those tests (and confirmed by other tests) that Kate was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.  When my sister called to tell me about little Kate I knew what my Ellie and I needed to do...

Starting that August night in 2011, when Ellie was put to bed she heard this prayer:

'Dear Lord Jesus please be with Kate Elisabeth, Jaylee, Jayme, Claire, Grayson, and Linnea......'

She has continued to hear the prayer every night since and will continue to hear the prayer until she gets old enough to pray for Kate, Jaylee, Jayme, Claire, Grayson, and Linnea (and whoever else she chooses to pray for) on her own (her cousin Toby has been added and her friend, Jon).

As Ellie and Kate were playing together several Sunday's ago my heart melted.

Heavenly Father thank you for little Kate!



thank you to Kate's mom Kelly for this picture

The pictures above were the original pictures with this post.  Below are a few I added today of the girls over the last couple of years








No comments: