You've heard me talk about my love for Goodwill before
IT'S THE BEST!
Best shopping
Best variety
Best prices
You know I love you if I've bought you something from Goodwill-
my close friends and family have made many a trip with me to Goodwill so I can have a chance of outfitting them (and proving how amazing the store is).
Today's my mom's birthday- Guess where I did ALL of her birthday shopping?
you guessed wrong
she would KILL me if I did her birthday shopping at Goodwill (she's not a fan of GW but on occasion, I still buy her stuff)
I've gone into Goodwill twice in the two weeks we've been home from Germany. The first time was a couple of days after getting home. I walked around in a jet lag stuper trying to get back in my groove, finding nothing (this is a never for me). The second time was yesterday- jet lag is gone and normalcy is beginning to return- I walked out with 5 pairs of shorts for my boys, a dress for me, and a dressed up tank top.
It wasn't the name brand that caught my eye of the tank, it was the fabric- It reminded me of my friend Deb.
remember you know I love you if I'm buying you stuff from Goodwill
I always try on the things I get for people to make sure the fit is 'right'- you also catch things you would not catch otherwise by trying on the piece you are looking to buy (missing buttons, broken zippers, etc).
When the tank came down over my head, I immediately noticed that it had a tear in the front of it.
BUMMER!
But the fit was really nice and the fabric pattern is beautiful
At the check out counter I asked if they would discount the tank top due to the tear (they took it down from $4.99 to $2.99 and made it non returnable). I also made a mental note that I would fix it within a day or two, preventing it from sitting around in the 'fix it' pile and eventually getting thrown out (I repaired the tear this morning- whoop whoop!!).
I have a little something something for you Deb- I'll give it to you at church on Sunday.
P.S. Happy Birthday to my precious mom- Mom, I have a whole bag filled with new gifts to give you tonight :)
![]() |
![]() |






No comments:
Post a Comment