Thursday, October 27, 2016

a sight unseen emotion settling just right

I can't explain it, at least in words anyway.  When it comes to taking a photograph, it's a feeling, a sight unseen emotion that settles as right, when you look back at pictures you took and know that you captured what you were looking for.  An authentic glimpse into the essence of what it was like being at that place in that time.  I've learned that it's not always the picture perfect shot that creates the capture, but instead, an unguarded moment of the occupants.  A moment that, even for just a second, captures the beauty of the experience.  I'm using too many words, and like I said at the beginning, I can't explain it in words....so I'll stop and just show you.
Eli was home from a 48 hour shift at the fire department.  TJ, a fellow fireman and a friend of Eli's since first grade was sharing a meal with us, Danika was over (Ry's girlfriend), and Ry.  We were sitting down to dinner last night.  Just before we got started, I grabbed my camera and took several shots.
Oh, there are a few more perfect than this one.  Pictures where everyone is looking at the camera, smiling.  But none that captured the moment quite like this picture did.
This settles just right in this wanna-be photographers heart....yep, it settles just right.


No comments: