We got him loaded up in my car and he and I headed off to the hospital (the boys met us there). I was trying to decide if he should just go to urgent care or the hospital. We both settled on the hospital because of the amount of pain he was in,
The ER visit sent Matt out with a referral to the Orthopedic doctor's office
Orthopedic Doctor did an exam on Matt's knee and then sent him for an MRI
The MRI was today
A little over an hour after the MRI was done and we were gone, the doctor's office called and said they would like to see Matt tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. and that he needed to be using both of the crutches he was issued at the hospital during his ER visit (you know, those $25 crutches that the ER charges $500. for....smile).
12 days after Matt's knee injury and he's still hobbling
still in lots of pain
things just aren't right
The woman checking Matt in when he was getting his MRI said he could, if he choose, get a report of the MRI later on this afternoon. Once the Orthopedic's office had called and said Matt needed to be using both of his crutches, we got super curious about what the MRI results said about his knee- I ran and grabbed a copy of the report.
It will be interesting what comes out of the visit tomorrow. The report has 5 numbered bullet points under 'Findings' that are summarized like this:
- Extensive acute internal derangement with periarticular osseous fractures and large, layering lipohemarthrosis.
- Complete ACL tear (AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!) p.s. the AAAAAHHHHH!!! is not on the report, I added this in :)
- Medial and lateral meniscal tears
- Grade 2 MCL sprain
- Fibular head fracture with surrounding soft tissue edema and possible disruption of the proximal tibiofibular ligaments. The static elements of the posterolateral corner are not seen and may be involved
![]() |
| Here we are, waiting for Matt's MRI- He's still as ornery as ever and still has his sense of humor :) :) |
Ellie's tick arrived to the clinic in Maryland to be tested today. It will be tested for Lyme, Tularemia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. We also ended up having her go on preventative antibiotics for the tick bite. While the preventative antibiotic method may not be for everyone, it is the right choice for our family at this point.
When you pay for the testing, you get a link that you can click on at any time to see the status of the testing. I appreciate this type of communication that Tick Encounter provides (that the results are available to you just as soon as they know, as opposed to waiting for communication via mail). We should know the results no later than Tuesday of next week.
And so we rally as a family
And trust God with all the details and results.






















































