Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nothing is Impossible, Nothing can separate, and nothing can Hinder (with God)

I mentioned a couple of posts back that I write in my Bible- I write out prayers by certain verses and I also write certain verses that stand out to me and are some personal favorites in the front pages (and back pages) of my Bible........These are verses that I have repeated over and over to myself (and speak out to God) when life circumstances (or hormones) have thrown curve balls my way- Verses that offer so much comfort and so much hope for whatever comes our way.

When the leather bound front cover of my Bible is flipped you will see sprawled across the first two pages the following verses:
(NIV Life Application Bible is what I use)

  • 2 Chron 20:15- 'Stand firm and the Lord will fight for you.'
  • Heb 13:5 'Never will I leave you- Never will I forsake you.'
  • Ex. 33:17 'Show me your (Lord) Glory'
  • Matt 6:43-45 '...For out of the overflow of the heart his mouth speaks.'
  • 2 Tim 1:7 'For the Lord did not give us the spirit of fear but of power, love, and sound mind'
  • 1 Cor 15:33 'For God is not a God of disorder but of peace'
  • 1 Cor 15:57-58 'But praise be to God who gives us victory in Jesus Christ. Therefore my brothers STAND FIRM'
  • 2 Cor 1:3 'God comforts us so that we can be comforters'
  • Gen 15:6 'Abraham believed the Lord and it was credited to him as righteousness'
  • 2 Cor 3:17 'Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom'
  • 2 Cor 4:8 'We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed'
  • 2 Cor 12:8 'My grace is sufficient for you'
  • 1 Sam 17 'For the battle is the Lords'
  • Heb 4:12-13 'For the word of God is sharper than any double edged sword'
  • Eph 4:27 'And do not give the evil a foot hold'
  • Psalm 34:18 'The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit'
  • Psalm 141:3 'Set a guard over my mouth O Lord'
  • Luke 4:18-19 'The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me...'
  • Deut 30:11 'Now what I am commanding you today is not difficult to reach'
  • Gal 6:9 'Let us not grow weary in doing good'
  • Phil 4:12-13 'I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength'
  • Isaiah 26:3 'You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is on you'
  • 2 Cor 10:4 'The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world.  On the contrary they have the divine power to demolish strongholds'
  • Isaiah 16:7 'The Lord looks at the heart'
  • Phil 1:6 'Being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it out until the day of completion'
  • Neh 9:10 'The joy of the Lord is my strength'
  • Psalm 46:10 'Be still and know that I am God'
  • 1 Sam 14:6 'Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving'
  • Isaiah 30:15 'In repentance and rest is your salvation.  In quietness and trust is your strength'
  • Rom 4:20 'Being fully persuaded that God has the power to do what He has promised'
  • Phil 4:6 'Be anxious about nothing but in everything by prayer and petition make your requests known to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your minds and hearts in Christ Jesus'
  • Deut 1:29 'Do not be terrified and do not be afraid- The Lord your God who is going before you will fight for you'
  • Judges 6:12 'The Lord is with you mighty warrior'
  • Luke 1:37 'Nothing is impossible with God' (AMEN!!)
  • Psalm 55:23 But as for me...I trust in You'
Thank you so much Lord Jesus for the comfort and hope you offer us through your written word!  Thank you that nothing is impossible with You, nothing can separate us from You, and that nothing can hinder You- I love you Heavenly Father

No comments: