I totally showed my boys one of their Christmas gifts tonight.... I knew they would be so excited about their new Bog boots I couldn't hardly help myself.......Just before I showed them their new boots (that will be wrapped and given to them on Christmas Eve) I let them in on an important tradition....a tradition started 19 years ago this Christmas Season.
1994 was the first Christmas Matt and I celebrated as a married couple- For some reason, that Christmas I was really excited about giving Matt his gift (Can't even remember what it was)- I was also really excited about seeing what he had gotten me-
One night in early December that excitement got the better of me and I took out that hidden gift and showed Matt what it was............I then begged him to show me what he bought me.......after we both took a looksee we carefully put the gifts away and they did not appear again until Christmas Eve-
Since that first Christmas gift 'show off' between Matt and I, we have done the same thing every year- not just limiting it to Christmas but to Birthday's too!
This year it was time....
time to let our boys in on this important tradition...
No comments:
Post a Comment