Friday, October 27, 2017

what the next three days will look like

I don't know if when I get through this season (the pre-reqs to nursing school) whether I will wish I blogged about the experience more or whether I will have wished I hadn't blog about it at all.
Maybe I'll be happy with the amount I blogged about it...
I just don't know.
That being said,
Here's what the next three days will look like...

Tomorrow Liz and I will be doing a weekend of clinical's at our local skilled nursing facility (Nursing Home).  We will complete 10 hours Sat. and 10 hours on Sunday.  When this weekend is over, we will be a little over half way through the CNA class (Graduation will be on Dec. 3 WHOOP!)

Saturday's are shocking.  The smell's (kudos to the makers of Vicks), the early morning (5:45 a.m. start time), and the feelings of facing what getting older brings.  Then there is the reality of sickness and near death while your empathy and compassion are working on overtime and your sanitary skills are on sensory overload (hand washing, gown covers, mask, lots and lots and lots of gloves, etc).
Sunday's are hard- I miss going to church with my family (in my adult life, I've never gone so long without going to church on a Sunday morning- even when we were in Germany for 9 Sunday's, I still managed to find a church- there were Sunday's we listened in German.  I miss the routine of church a lot.  I'm still doing devotions and listening to pod casts all week but it's not the same).
Then, you are done on Sunday afternoon and somehow you feel a sort of accomplishment that you not only survived the weekend but you also learned a few things.
Monday rolls around and you find yourself in a Biology class that is over your head but strangely addicting.  Your brain is constantly funneling new words and trying to grasp foreign concepts and as much as you think it is not going to, all the new ends up somehow sticking- or at least trying to stick.

That's what the next three days will look like on my end
Hope you all have an awesome weekend!!


Here is a (blurry) picture from last weekend.  Saturday night, my brother in law, John and sister in law, Lori were in town from Washington.  We went out to dinner- It was a fun evening.

I think someday we will appreciate these pictures :) :)



No comments: