Monday, March 14, 2011

10 Dozen eggs and English Muffins made with Gold Dust

Went grocery Shopping on Sat. and for the first time since moving to Hawaii I bought English Muffins.  The English muffins were a must because I am making Eggs Benedict 3 times this week- The boys are on Spring Break so we will have extra time for breakfast.  I was racing around our local Super Market looking for the English Muffins mentally mulling over in my brain what other grocery items I would need from the particular store I was in.  I saw the English Muffins stacked in with some other bread and grabbed one package- one package here contains 6 whole muffins.  As I was wheeling my cart away I happened to look down at the price tag..................$4.79..............I had that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach- I was confused, dazed, and disorientated- what should I do?  Is it over the top to spend $4.79 on 6 English muffins?  Before putting them in my cart I whipped the package around to see if one of the top ingredients was 'gold dust':)
After my English muffin experience (which I did buy) I checked out and went on to Costco to finish grocery shopping.  I had a full cart by the time I got to the refrigerator section- one of the last thing I needed was an 18 count eggs- I noticed after the English muffin experience I was looking at the price of everything- I stood and looked at the price of the 18 count eggs compared to the 5 dozen- It was quite a bit cheaper to just buy the 5 dozen- I was not sure if we could go through all 5 dozen before they expired (May 11 April 11) but thought I would give it a whirl.  Having not a lot of experience buying 5 dozen eggs I grabbed what I thought was 5 dozen- checked out, came home and unloaded groceries.  As I went to put my 5 dozen eggs in the fridge I took a REALLY close look at the box of eggs- First off I saw that the box I thought was 1 was in fact 2- Oh My Gosh- If I had 2 boxes of eggs that meant that I had 2 five dozen boxes of eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 dozen eggs x 12= 120 eggs
30 days (cause of expiration) to eat 120 eggs
120 eggs divided by 30 days= 4 eggs per day

CAN WE DO IT?
Sun. morning used 4 eggs to make Eggs Benedict plus 1 egg to make a pan of brownies
5 down 115 to go.

Will keep you posted
Look at all those eggs in my refrigerator 

No comments: