It's so hard to know when walking through the store, passing by the baby section, and seeing something cute whether I should buy it or not- Theoretically we have not been 'chosen' by birth parents yet and there is that chance that we may not be chosen- That God has other plans for our life besides adoption- It hurts my feelings to even write but it's the truth. Today I found myself with a few minutes to spare before I had to pick up the boys- I was wandering around the store and found myself gradually making my way back to the baby section. I first was looking and mentally planning what I was going to buy Becca's Baby who is due in July- Then I found 2 adorable outfits that would look ever so cute on the twins my cousin Molly is having in Aug. (Molly is Becca's sister in law)- Then I found myself standing and staring at little baby girl hair bows, blankets, dresses, etc...I found myself picking up several and carrying them around with me justifying in my mind that I wanted to be prepared.....what if we were to get a call that we had been selected for instant placement (meaning that our precious baby had been born and we would need to get on a plane ASAP to fly to where she is)- As that thought passed my mind I remembered the 2 boxes of clothes I have for the 'instant placement'- ones that I have boughten, my mom has boughten, close friends have boughten, etc...
I put back several of the things I was holding but kept some also. I had bought my boys things today at the store- just special 'goodies' that I knew they would like- and in the name of being fair to my child I have never met but have so much hope will join our family soon I could not walk out of that store without something special for her also.....
Wherever you are today my precious child we are SO SO SO SO excited to meet you and your birth mom- You and your birth mom are so prayed for and so very loved!!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my niece Sissy- She should be opening the
Message in a bottle we sent!
Also, have not used any eggs yesterday or today- I am hoping to do some baking this weekend.
 |
Not what I bough today- but a picture very fitting for
this blog |
No comments:
Post a Comment