Monday, March 25, 2013

The Two Thousand Dollar 'Flu-Cation'

Have you all ever heard of a 'STAY CATION'- I heard the word for the first time several years ago from a friend whose family was going to stay home (and do fun things) for their family vacation that year.  Her husband and kids all had the week off and they were going to experience local points of interest during the day and be home at night- Free lodging in the evenings and economical family fun during the day.  This would ensure that the family still had their 'vacation' without breaking the bank.......

Sounds fun right.........

I'll bet you've never heard of Flu-Cation! 
Ya, I had never either until a month ago......
You get to stay home for about a week just pretty much hanging out on your couch with a raging fever, body aches, head ache, chills, sicker than a dog  etc..
I got the flu
Then Matt
Then Ryan
Here comes the part when my post title all comes together and makes more sense
Our Dear Precious Eli got the flu- He started passing out shortly after getting it (Like I mentioned a couple of blog posts back) and needed to go to the Dr..............Dr. C ordered some lab work to be done (which came back fab) and just for extra precaution an EKG (a quick check of the heart)
insert here that we have a $5000 Health Insurance Deductible
$800 EKG
Dr. C called later on the same day as the heart test was done to let us know that Eli's EKG had shown some swelling on the right hand side of his heart.........He assured us that this could be just the way Eli's heart 'is' or that there could be more to the story-  A further test would need to be done (an ultra sound of the heart) and the test results would need to be read by Dr. so and so at a Children's Hospital several hours North of us- This news is hard to take when you have a month shy from 17 year old not able to stay standing because he keeps blacking out........
The Echo-Cardiogram was ordered
$1400
Cha Ching $$$
 (of course the money is never questioned even once when you are talking about your children's health- It's an understood non negotiable........I can only joke about it now because.........)
Praising the Lord that the phone call we got today regarding Eli's test results show that the flu virus Eli had seemed to affect his heart (just for that time period) but as of today all is good and the virus is gone- He has a clean bill of health
Whoop Whoop!

Who needs a family vacation (spent that moo-la to have a.....) When you can have a Flu Cation!!

p.s. All joking aside we are so thankful that our Eli is ok- Love you Eli Ben!

p.s.s. Hoping this is the last post about the flu that I ever write... SO OVER THE FLU-


Seriously- This should say 'I have 4 million friends and we all live at Stephanie's house'

No comments: