Ellie is 5 months away from being 3-
On one hand, how did we get here so fast...
On the other it seems like forever.
Wikipeida say's that at 2.5 a child begins to 'to see self as separate individual'
'Hey Elle's are you mommy's baby?'....................'NO! I am Ellie' (comes out Yelly)
Wikipedia also says that 'One and two year olds can commonly be seen playing in a stable squatting position, with feet wide apart and bottom not quite touching the floor'
Our family has seen this 'squatting' over the past 3 weeks as our Ellie is potty training- We have had to re direct her 'squatting' from whatever room she is in to her princess potty (or the big girl potty that flushes) and remind her that our house and even the great outdoors for that reason is not a giant toilet- It is amazing that she recognizes that she has to 'potty' but 'potty-ing' anywhere on anything will not work.
Dennis the Menace is her current favorite movie (Nemo is a close second)- This afternoon when I put her down for a quiet time I allowed her to watch it- As I was starting it up she says from her bed 'Dennis the menace is funny'-
This would explain what I told Matt a couple of days ago...........I happened to walk by her door during the part where Dennis was doing something obnoxious to Mr. Wilson (George as Ellie calls him) and I heard Ellie chuckling- I stopped to peak in and see if she was laughing at the movie or something else- she was laughing at Dennis in the movie. Later that night I told Matt that I thought Ellie was beginning to understand humor- to recognize it and respond to it...............I then asked Matt if we should be concerned that she found Dennis the Menace so funny :)
Here you are, five months to three Ellie Marie........ You are an overwhelming delight- at times an overwhelming bundle of energy- always such a blessing and forever our joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment