Friday, January 31, 2014

A Hand Held Goodnight

The boys had things going on until late last night so Elle's, Oklie, and I decided to go stay the night at my parents.......Ellie and I slept in the same room- Instead of putting her in a porta crib like I usually do, I let her sleep on a big girl bed- in the bedroom we were sleeping in there was 2 twin beds- I pushed my twin up against Ellie's bed (her bed was against the wall) so that if she rolled over during the night she would not roll onto the ground.  As I settled into my twin I reached my hand over and grabbed her hand to give her a quick squeeze goodnight- as I was pulling my hand away she grabbed mine and held on..........her little hand holding steady to mine......such a sweet moment- My independent Ellie who is naturally not a big snuggler (we all have to chase her around trying to get a hug)....my precious girl who walked into her first day of pre school this week like an old pro (not even clinging to me once)........
Even after she fell asleep, her little hand was still holding onto mine- I was only going to lay on my twin until she fell asleep and then get up and go read............I couldn't bring myself to let go- to take my hand out of her grasp.....Instead, I laid there- hand in hand with Ellie soaking it all in.....
Thanking the Lord for her
 
Matt tell's Ellie 2 things every day....
'Your a foxy mama' (as she prances around in whatever outfit she is wearing showing off for him)
and
'Your Amazing' (he says this as he gives her a hug goodnight)
 
You are amazing Ellie Marie.....
Amazingly created by an Amazing God to do Amazing things.....
 
 
 
 

No comments: